23 August 2012

Not Sure If Related...: Robin Van Persie and Jay Baruchel

Here we go again with another "Not Sure if Related" segment. The past two segments have been relatively successful, hits-wise, so it is but prudent to continue in this line. (Check out the other "Not Sure if Related" posts located in the farthest right column of this page, below "blog archives")

One of the person in our pairing today has rocked the footballing community (yeah, soccer, for my viewers in the United States) in recent weeks when it came to his club future. That guy is none other than Robin van Persie, who was the marquee signing of my favorite team, Manchester United, this past off-season. He left his former club Arsenal, where he was captain, to shift to the Red Devils.

Robin van Persie image retrieved from Photobucket.com
Jay Baruchel image retrieved from thefancarpet.com

His pair is someone whose one movie I was able to watch this past week. So I was watching a DVD copy of The Sorcerer's Apprentice when I saw actor Jay Baruchel in one scene and the camera angle on his face got me thinking, "that face looks familiar..." and at that moment it wasn't clear, but I thought he looked liked Robin Van Persie. Not to be deterred, I searched for his image on the internet, to contrast it with the Dutch footballer. Check out the image above and see what I've came up with.

Notice that? Not much similarities, but perhaps it was the hair and the eyes that brought in the resemblance. Try Googling other images for these two, and form your own opinion about it. As for me, I really think there's some similarity there, or its probably just a hat-trick, or rather, a "hair-trick".

Yeah... there's a lame joke somewhere in that last sentence...

So, what do you think? Any similarities?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...